Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Black Ships Before Troy

Black Ships Before Troy: The Story of the Iliad
Last night we were set to watch a movie. But, since we didn't get through dinner and cleanup and teeth brushing till near 10pm it just didn't happen. My dh grabbed this book from the library shelf. Not to read, but to fold paper airplanes on. I've been trying to fit these in as read alouds since we are studying Greece. The prophet (now in Year 6) removed the book from such drudgery and started to read it in the sparsely lit living room. I offered to read it aloud, but he grumbled something at me and disappeared to his room. Where he read till midnight and came to get me, so that I could tuck him into bed.


No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey