Thursday, June 26, 2008

Making Schedules

Leslie has fabulous schedules for her children.

I have a spiral bound notebook. It's for thinking. See I've spent the years since I could first write scribbling on pieces of paper and then leaving those pieces of papers everywhere.


So, I've gotten better at wasting paper. I just write in this notebook. It's mostly useless. It's not a diary. It's not full of good stuff. It's just that my brain only works well if I'm writing with my hand. So, I get it all out and eventually I write something that makes sense.

Right now it's thoughts and schedules. This year I learned a lot about my oldest and how to help him work and stay on track. He likes to be given a plan. He doesn't do well if let to his own all day. But, he doesn't like to be told what to do. Just give him a list and let him disappear.

Last year I got so overwhelmed with day to day living. I could never keep up with his lists. I don't want to worry about it every week, but I don't know if I spend a bunch of time creating something and it fails if I will then feel like a failure.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm just now getting to respond to your comment about history planning on my blog. So sorry! Life has sped up all the sudden! ;)

Anywho, I say go for it with your history yearnings. Do what you want and don't worry about anyone else's opinion of schedules. When my kids were younger, that's exactly how we learned from every subject. Somehow, I've convinced myself that we *need* to follow chronological order for understanding. I'm beginning to realize it may be for my benefit more than the kids'!

Keep me posted on how your history learning goes this year!

And in reference to the blog post I'm commenting on - I "waste" paper in the form of notebooks (many of them), too! LOL

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey