Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fall Quarter for Big Girls

I've only got the book list for two of my classes. Since, I keep enjoying Native American classes I think I'll go ahead and minor in it.

My first class description and book list:
Survey of contemporary Native-American people, cultures, and issues. Focus on modern experiences through readings from Native-American autobiographies, contemporary narratives and literature, and reports of important topical issues, e.g., water rights, Indian gaming, treaty law.

BERNIE WHITEBEAR REYES
BLOOD STRUGGLE WILKINSON
CHIEF RED FOX IS DEAD (CUSTOM) RAWLS
SPIRIT & REASON DELORIA

Here is my English class which is my major.
Intensive examination of one or a few major works of literature. Classroom work to develop skills of careful and critical reading. Book selection varies, but reading consists of major works by important authors and of selected supplementary materials.

ART LOVER MASO
LONE RANGER & TONTO FISTFIGHT IN HEAVEN ALEXIE
WAVES * ANNOTATED (ED HITE) WOOLF
WHITE NOISE DELILLO
WOMEN IN LOVE (FARMER ED)

Not sure if I have shared my schedule or not yet. But, I thought I might! I'm, also, talking a geography class on immigrants. Thought it sounded interesting and it fits the slot I needed.

1 comment:

TulipGirl said...

Sounds like an interesting combo of classes. I have (for sure) Research Methods in Psych and Human Sexuality. I want to take Professional Ethics and Human Behavior and Organization, but the Human Behavior class is part of the MBA track, so I'd have to get special permission. I may end up taking Literature in Childhood Education, which sounds like a great title, but the syllabi for the various sections look SO much like something I don't want to take--at least not this semester.

(True confession: In part because it looks like a lot of work. I'm not a slacker, but my two psych classes are already intensive with writing and I have to be realistic with my courseload. . .)

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey